AN AMPHIBIOUS SPECIAL OPERATIONS CRAFT (ASOC)
THE AQUSTRADA, AN AMPHIBIOUS SPECIAL OPERATIONS CRAFT (ASOC) ~ OVERVIEW
The ASOC ,
The CPS ,
The Sea Trials ,
The Walk Around
Designed for river, coast and lake patrol, pilot rescue, salvage/diving and interdiction/insertion, the ASOC can quickly go where other vehicles can't, with enough cargo for sustained independent operations
The ASOC employs a revolutionary combination of Land/Water drive, rigid backbone frame suspension and self buoyant space-age composite body to eliminate delays imposed by traditional methods of transitioning the Riverine land/water interface.
On land, operation of the ASOC is indistinguishable from conventional utility vehicles. Accelerator, brake, steering column and accessories are all conventionally positioned. The single set of controls function identically on both land and sea, so confusion and special training requirements are eliminated.
Transition from land to water and water to land is accomplished through a single, two position switch. As the vehicle enters or exits the water, state transition is handled virtually automatically by the installed engine control and shift computers.
Four wheels automatically retract and seal into the body of the craft while a high efficiency marine jet drive is enabled for high speed, shallow water performance virtually unmatched by conventional craft.
In water borne mode the steering wheel and accelerator control the direction and thrust of the jet drive. The brake pedal activates the jet drive reverse gate while automatically revving the engine for a practical and effective sea-brake capability.
The ASOC also employs an extensive automatic lubrication system to allow for extended operation in harsh environments including salt-water.
Self-righting, provided with dual automatic bailing systems and heavy duty rub rail, the ASOC is as unsinkable as it is durable. Designed to carry a 20 person/3000 lb payload at speeds of 40+ knots, the ASOC's features include a built in winch for kedging/anchoring/salvage, an oil free air compressor for divers/tools/controls, rupture resistant fuel cells with automatic explosive vapor control system and integral hand rails and non-skid surfaces.
The ASOC weighs in below 2700 lbs and is 18 ft 6 in long and 7 ft 6 in wide. It has a 10 in ground clearance and a 30 in freeboard. Designed to be stacked for shipping, the ASOC can also be air dropped for remote operations.
A wide range of advanced power train options are available from conventional gasoline engines to supercharged marine diesels. Other options include a
Computer and Positioning System (CPS)
with incorporated Global Positioning System (GPS) to provide course/route and positioning information.
STANDARD CONSOLE FEATURES
- Subdued ID plate.
- Roll bar.
- Heavy duty rub rail.
- Reinforced transom.
- Power assisted steering.
- Power assisted four wheel disck brakes.
- Grab rails built into sides of craft.
- Heavy duty diamond plate aluminum used on steps on sides and at stern.
- Gray anti-fouling bottom paint with graphite (resists marine groowth0.
- One storage compartment accessed through a watertight hatch (12"x18").
- Breathable air for the craft's pneumatics, tools, divers, is supplied byh an oilless gasketless air compressor powered by craft's engine.
STANDARD PROPULSION AND FUEL SYSTEMS FEATURES
- Speedometer/odometer (miles or kilometers).
- Engine tachometer.
- Air pressure gauge, and low air pressure warning light.
- Jet direction gauge.
- Voltmeter gauge and low voltage warning light.
- Engine oil temperature gauge (Fahrenheit and Centigrade) and high temperature warning light.
- Engine water temperature gauge (Fahrenheit and Centigrade) and high temperature warning light.
- Engine hour meters gauge.
- Engine oil pressure gauge and low pressure warning light.
- Fuel level guage and low fuel warning light.
- Low engine oil warning light.
- Brake system failurte warning light.
- Bilge pump on warning light.
- Suspension status, land/marine, indicator.
- Pneumatic system warning light.
- Windscreen (total height above dick, 30 inches).
STANDARD SEATING FEATURES
- 100 gallon rupture resistant fuel cell.
- Stainless steel impellers in the jet propulsion unit.
- Debris and rock gate.
STANDARD ELECTRICAL SYSTEM FEATURES
- Hydraulically dampened pilot and co-pilot seats, and eight other seats.
STANDARD AUXILIARY SYSTEM FEATURES
- 120 amp heavy duty marine alternator.
- Two 125 amp/hour batteries, each rated for 980 cranking amps.
- Battery transfer switch.
- Two 3700 gal/hr bilges pumps in the aft center well with automatic manual control.
OPTIONAL NAVIGATION AND SAFETY FEATURES
- Bow cleat ($171).
- 10" deck cleats ,10" stern cleats reinforced with 1/2" alum backing plates.
- Stainless steel bow eye and stern eye with heavy duty reinforcement.
- Helicopter lifting eyes.
- Aluminum gunwale upgrade.
- Navy hull registration number in transom.
- 60 inch cutout for diver recovery with removable insert???
- Tow hitch and amphibious trailer.
- Heavy duty diamond plate aluminum used on top of sides and around perimeter of bow.
- Heavy duty cutwater shoe.
- Stealth body stype.
- Bullet proof body.
- Chameleon camouflage which automatically adapts for water/desert/forest.
OPTIONAL CONSOLE FEATURES
- Navigation light.
- 6 1/2 inch lighted compass, well dampened for rough weather use, compensatable.
OPTIONAL PROPULSION AND FUEL SYSTEMS FEATURES
- Two speedometers/odometers (miles/knots or kilometers/knots).
- Two engine tachometers.
- Two air pressure gauges, and low air pressure warning lights.
- Two jet direction gauges.
- Two Voltmeter gauges and low voltage warning lights.
- Two engine oil temperature gauges (Fahrenheit and Centigrade) and high temperature warning lights.
- Two engine water temperature gauges (Fahrenheit and Centigrade) and high temperature warning lights.
- Two engine hour meters gauges.
- Two engine oil pressure gauges and low pressure warning lights.
- Two Fuel level guages and low fuel warning lights.
- Two low engine oil warning lights.
- Two brake system failurte warning lights.
- Two bilge pump on warning lights.
- Two suspension status, land/marine, indicator.
- Two pneumatic system warning light.
- Switch panels.
- Trim gauge.
- Electronics distribution panel.
- Lockable door (glove and goggle box).
- Radar enclosure.
- Windscreen (total height above deck, 60 inches).
- Mounting for all electronics (weather areas desired).
- Hydraulic steering system with flat black thermosetting epoxy powder coated steering wheel.
- Console aluminum welded, olive drab color, mounted forward to allow only enough room for operating and manning for forward gun mount.
OPTIONAL SEATING FEATURES
- 175 gallon rupture resistant fuel cell.
- In-line duplex fuel filters.
OPTIONAL TOWING EQUIPMENT FEATURES
- Other seating configurations available upon request.
- Heavy duty leaning post with storage compartment and lockable doors.
OPTIONAL ELECTRICAL SYSTEM FEATURES
- Trailer hitch and amphibious trailers available upon request.
OPTIONAL ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
- Roll bar adapted for radar mounting, removable special operation lights/ALFA, pennant "CODE" and American flag pole.
- Battery box, cast aluminum.
OPTIONAL AUXILIARY SYSTEM FEATURES
- Furuno model 1730 radar.
- Global Positioning System (GPS).
- Fluxgate compass, in addition to standard magnetic compass.
- Computer system to display GPS, radar, compass, maps, craft diagnostics (graphic trouble shooting program which is linked to the CAD drawings).
- Briefing screen (available only with computer system.
- VHF marine band radio.
- Depth finder, speed and distance readout.
- Spotlight, removable/handheld, swivel bracket 300,000cp.
- 0.0 litre persuit motor.
- Place diverter (electric jet trim tabs).
DRIVE TRAIN SPECIFICATIONS
|SAE net power (horsepower)
|SAE net Torque (ft-lb)
|Maximum Land Speed (kph)
|Maximum Water Speed (kph)
|Fuel Consumption (Liter/hour)
|Fuel Economy (kilometers/liter)
|Engine Control System|| ||
||Computer and Positioning System (CPS)
|Fuel Delivery System|| ||
||Electronic Port Fuel Injection
|Primary Transmission|| ||
||4 speed automatic with overdrive
|Secondary Transmission|| ||
||Single Speed Dual Output Proprietary
|Electrical System|| ||
||Fully Regulated Alternator 90 Amperes
|Final Land Drive Ratio
|Base Curb Weight (dry)
|Base Curb Weight (wet)
|Overall Width (Beam)
||100 US Gallons
||4 US Gallons
||8 US Quarts
|Final Drive Transmission
||1 US Quart
|Final Land Drive
||1 US Quart
||2 US Quarts
The ASOC ,
The CPS ,
The Sea Trials ,
The Walk Around
Page provided by
This page is maintained by RUSSELL HOLDER and
does not represent any views or policies of and is not affiliated
in any way with my employer.
Previous update: 30AUG96 2345HRS
Last update: 07SEP96 2145HRS